Youth Scholarship Awards for Ages 11 to 17
This program is designed to recognize hardworking youth who have committed themselves to the Saddlebred industry and the sport they love. MSHA will honor four junior exhibitors:
Cash awards to be presented to two recipients in the 15–17 age division, a $1,000 award and a $500 award
Cash awards to be presented to two recipients in the 11-14 age division, a $500 award and a $250 award
Age divisions refer to the divisions that you participate in during 2023.
Applicants will obtain references and write an essay.
These awards are to be used toward horse-related or educational purposes. Scholarship money is raised through various MSHA sponsored fundraising events and through donations. Scholarship awards are presented at the MSHA Annual Awards Banquet.
If you have previously applied or been presented a scholarship award, you are welcome to apply again.
Our applicants should:
- Serve as role models for their peers
- Exhibit good sportsmanship and leadership
- Have regular responsibilities within a barn setting (responsibilities may include helping with chores, grooming, volunteering, helping at shows etc.)
- Have earned awards or commendations for accomplishments in various levels of competitions (example: 4-H, speech on Saddlebreds, photography etc.) and/or work with volunteer organizations
1. Applicants must be members of MSHA
2. Complete the application and provide names of references by December 1st
3. Beginning December 1st, the essay topic chosen by MSHA will be available to applicants. The essay will be due by January 15th
4. Applicants are responsible for making sure we receive references written on your behalf by January 15th
MSHA Scholarship Committee