MSHA YEAR END AWARDS PROGRAM
1. Year End Awards are earned by American Saddlebred (ASB) horses in the performance classes, and by riders in equitation classes. Exception: Any breed of horse is eligible to compete in the Open Pleasure classes.
2. To qualify a horse; its owner(s) must be a member of Minnesota Saddlebred Horse Association (MSHA) and have paid a recording fee. If the recorded owner is a corporation and the corporation joins MSHA, the principal officer of the corporation will be considered a member of MSHA.
3. In the case of non family multiple ownership, all owners must be members of MSHA and all must have paid a horse recording fee.
4. To qualify an equitation rider; the rider must be a member of Minnesota Saddlebred Horse Association and have paid an equitation rider recording fee.
5. Recording fee must be paid per horse for performance classes, or per rider participating in equitation classes.
6. Points earned before the recording fee is paid will not be counted. However, if an award class is added by MSHA during the show season, points for that class will be counted for all shows during that season provided that the recording fee is paid before the season ends.
7. Only the points earned at Minnesota Saddlebred Horse Association approved shows held in Minnesota will be counted.
8. In order for points to be accumulated, a horse (or rider in equitation classes) must place at a minimum of three qualifying Minnesota shows.
9. Points will be counted in championship classes only if the class is not restricted.
10. Points will be counted as follows:
Number of Horses Points for Each Placing
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
6 & over 6 5 4 3 2 1
5 5 4 3 2 1
4 4 3 2 1
3 3 2 1
2 2 1